SAIF Selects OnBase by Hyland to Drive Cost Reductions and Support High Growth
SAIF, the leading workers' compensation insurance provider in Oregon and a not-for-profit state-chartered company, has selected OnBase by Hyland through a comprehensive and detailed technology evaluation process. OnBase will help SAIF better manage content and processes from a single enterprise information platform to help the workers' compensation insurer deliver on its vision to set the industry standard for affordability, availability, innovation, efficiency and service quality.
After more than 100 years in the business, SAIF issues more than 50 percent of workers' compensation policies in Oregon, providing coverage for over 600,000 workers throughout the state. Implementing OnBase will help SAIF continue to deliver on their commitment to improve the health and safety of Oregonians at the workplace. In 2015, the company processed 40,748 claims.
Key benefits SAIF will leverage with OnBase include:
- Improved internal distribution and cost savings utilizing OnBase workflows
- Enhanced workflow designs, giving staff more critical-thinking time to work for policyholders and injured workers
- Alignment and compliance with the demands of changing workers' compensation document delivery rules and regulations
- Reduced technical debt by replacing custom processes with readily available, flexible and configurable software
- Ease of onboarding new departments to the OnBase platform
'The business case and return on investment were two differentiating factors that helped distinguish OnBase,' said Colin Toomey, manager of insurance sales at Hyland. 'SAIF sees the long-term value of the solution and how automation, case management and instant access to information will help them reduce costs across the organization by continuing to expand the solution over time to achieve even greater returns.'
To learn more about how OnBase helps insurers manage cases, content and processes from a single enterprise platform, visit OnBase.com/Insurance.