Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust selects Hyland Healthcare’s OnBase Content Services Platform and PACSgear image capture solution
OnBase integration for Epic and enterprise imaging solution to support digitisation strategy and help provide comprehensive care
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT), the main provider of hospital care to approximately 750,000 people in Manchester and Trafford area and biggest provider of specialised services in North West England, has selected Hyland Healthcare’s OnBase content services platform and PACSgear Video-Touch 4k solution.
As part of the Trust’s Hive EPR transformation programme, the strategic decision was made to consolidate more than 750 electronic and paper record systems across its hospital sites and managed clinical services with a new electronic medical record, powered by Epic. MFT chose the OnBase platform and enterprise-class PACSgear image capture and connectivity solution to complement this Epic system and achieve digital strategies. OnBase, PACSgear and Epic will integrate across the health system to provide MFT staff with the tools needed to continue to deliver outstanding patient care, optimise the clinical experiences and ultimately improve patient outcomes.
Jo Smith, MFT Group Chief Informatics Officer, stated “The low-code OnBase platform integrates with more than 30 Epic modules to provide a more accurate and complete patient record, ensuring providers at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust have the information they need to make the most informed decisions and provide the best care.”
As a premier content services solution provider for healthcare organisations, Hyland Healthcare’s OnBase integration for Epic allows Healthcare organisations:
- Better manage all content including clinical forms, images or videos in a secure format at the patient, order and encounter level for improved accuracy
- Create one, complete patient-centric record linking all patient information, content and data from within the core application and making MFT’s Epic application a true single source for patient information
- The Hyland Cloud is built on a platform optimised for delivering content services – OnBase for Epic delivered in the Hyland Cloud will allow MFT prioritise the delivery of Healthcare to the communities it serves
- Deliver the right information, to the right people, at the right time to facilitate more informed decision making
- Automate checklist processing including deficiency tracking, referral management and subject access requests to ensure compliance with external regulations while enhancing clinical productivity
Additionally, the PACSgear suite of solutions bolsters patent data management by:
- Making it easy to capture and integrate vital medical images and data during endoscopy procedures and make them available from within Epic Lumens
- Eliminating information silos and allowing clinicians to access images from any specialty or department
- Enhance clinical productivity and patient outcomes by providing a single view of all patient information, including images and video
“By leveraging the tested and validated OnBase integration for Epic, and PACSgear image and video capture solution, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust is extending the value of its Epic investment, incorporating additional essential information management functionality from within the Epic system to further streamline processes across the organisation and its multiple facilities,” said Mark Groesch, Director of Hyland Healthcare International Sales.
Hyland Healthcare provides connected healthcare solutions that harness unstructured content at all corners of the enterprise and link it to core clinical and business applications such as electronic medical records (EMR) and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems. Hyland Healthcare is the only technology partner that offers a full suite of content services and enterprise imaging tools, bringing clinical documents, medical images and other clinically rich data to healthcare stakeholders that need it most. This comprehensive view of patient information accelerates business processes, streamlines clinical workflows and improves clinical decision making. For more information, visit hylandhealthcare.com.