Hyland Signs CEO Action Pledge Prioritizing Diversity and Inclusion
Cleveland-based content services provider remains committed to cultivating a respectful and supportive workplace culture
Reflecting an ongoing effort to support diversity and inclusion, Bill Priemer, president and CEO at Hyland, has signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion Pledge. Developed by PwC and signed by more than 450 CEOs, the pledge brings organizations together to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Hyland has outlined specific action areas to help educate and empower employees, including:
- Building a trusting environment where employees can have complex conversations about diversity and inclusion
- Implementing educational programs to inform employees about bias and how to address it
- Sharing diversity and inclusion best practices with the greater business community
“Signing the CEO action pledge is just one step in a larger effort to foster diversity and inclusion throughout the Hyland community,” said Priemer. “Besides being the right thing to do, supporting diversity drives innovation. It’s fundamental to what we do, and critical to our mission of leading the content services industry.”
As part of this effort, Hyland recently joined Ohio Business Competes Coalition, a group of businesses committed to achieving nondiscrimination policies, as well as the Employment Collaborative of Cuyahoga County, which promotes hiring people with disabilities. Additionally, the software developer has created forums for employees to share experiences, provide coaching, learn from other individuals and facilitate professional development. The employee resource groups include:
- Multicultural Employee Resource Group: A forum for employees to showcase their diverse identities and learn about unfamiliar cultures
- Veterans Employee Resource Group: Provides resources and support for veterans and military employees
- HylandWIN: Women’s networking group encourages employees to be courageous, charismatic and knowledgeable
- Hyland Pride Alliance: Promotes LGBT+ awareness and provides support for employees and families
For more information about Hyland’s diversity and inclusion efforts, visit Hyland.com.
Hyland is a leader in providing software solutions for managing content, processes and cases for organizations across the globe. For over 25 years, Hyland has enabled more than 19,000 organizations to digitalize their workplaces and fundamentally transform their operations. Named one of Fortune’s Best Companies to Work For® since 2014, Hyland is widely known as both a great company to work for and a great company to do business with. For more information, please visit Hyland.com.