Hyland expands higher education customer advisory board
Executive advisory board to provide industry expertise to shape the future of Hyland higher education solutions
Hyland has added 21 new members to its executive advisory board – focused on steering conversations to shape the future development of Hyland’s higher education solutions and the evolving role of technology within the industry. New members will join the existing board, consisting of chief information officers, vice presidents and directors representing a wide range of colleges and universities.
By joining Hyland’s Higher Education Customer Advisory Board, new members will share knowledge of how they use Hyland’s OnBase content services platform, gain a valuable network to share peer-to-peer insights and discuss technology best practices including implementation roadmaps, cloud strategies and security. The 21 new members of the 2019 advisory board include:
- Ben Quillian, Cal Poly Pomona
- Ranjit Philip, California State University Northridge
- David Baisley, Carnegie Mellon University
- Stan Waddell, Carnegie Mellon University
- Miro Humer, Case Western Reserve University
- Susan Hunter, Central Piedmont Community College
- Gary Stanowski, Columbia College
- Vicky Mikula, Cornell University
- Standish Stewart, Cuyahoga County Community College
- Shaya Phillips, Fordham University
- Lora Fox, Indiana University (System)
- Link Alander, Lone Star College System
- Celeste Schwartz, Montgomery County Community College
- Shannon Shank, Mount Saint Mary’s University, Los Angeles
- Kirk Kelley, Portland State University
- Bret Ingerman, Tallahassee Community College
- Bob Mains, The Ohio State University
- Susan Hunter, University of Alabama
- Mike Lucas, University of Georgia
- Todd Hill University of Notre Dame
“We welcome our new advisory board members to our growing higher education user community and know they will both provide valuable insight and feedback for our higher education solutions and gain a wealth of knowledge to transform operations and deliver exceptional student service,” said Kevin Flanagan, director of government and higher education sales at Hyland.
Board members will attend on-site and web-based meetings throughout the two-year term, including an intensive Executive Forum that will bring together technology leaders from high-level higher education and healthcare providers to share best practices — such as cybersecurity, server infrastructure strategies and customer experience — that span industry barriers.
For more information about Hyland’s higher education solutions that help manage the full student record, visit Hyland.com/HigherEducation.
Hyland is a leading content services provider that enables thousands of organizations to deliver better experiences to the people they serve. Find us at Hyland.com.
About Hyland Higher Education Solutions
By combining information management solutions with business process and case management capabilities, Hyland delivers a suite of unparalleled higher education offerings to address the student, staff, financial and operational needs of institutions around the world. Every day, more than 1,000 colleges and universities use Hyland’s world-class solutions to become more agile, efficient and effective. The Hyland suite of higher education solutions – including Brainware for Transcripts, OnBase, Perceptive Content, NolijWeb and ShareBase – empower institutions to complete student records, eliminate manual data entry and enhance business processes across campus.